Magnetic Sign Care
Magnetic signs can be a good alternative to vehicle lettering and graphics, but come with some unique care and maintenance requirements.
At BannerWorx, we use top of the line magnetic material to provide the finest in magnetic advertising. Correct preparation, installation, maintenance, and storage procedures are the responsibility of our customers once the magnetics leave our shop. Due to the complex nature of automobile finishes and unlimited environmental variables, BannerWorx cannot be held responsible for misapplication or misuse.
Installing your magnetic signs:
- Wash and dry vehicle. To protect your signs and vehicle, wax vehicle surface and the brown magnetic side of the sign prior to applying.
- A magnetic sign should never be applied to a newly painted vehicle. Allow at least 60 days for fresh paint to cure.
- Magnetic signs can only be used on smooth steel surfaces avoiding emblems, molding, or body contours.
- Apply one edge of the sign to the vehicle surface in the desired location then roll the sign onto the vehicle. If your magnetic sign is not in the desired position, carefully remove by reversing the installation steps and then repeat the process. Do not try to rearrange the sign by pulling when it is stuck magnetically onto the vehicle. This might stretch the magnetic as well as scratch the vehicle paint.
Removal and maintenance of your magnetic signs:
Always remove the signs from your vehicle a minimum of once per week. Remove the magnetic by lifting from the middle of the two opposite sides. Avoid starting with the corners since this may stretch the sign material. In cold weather, preheat the sign with warm water before removal, if necessary. Once the signs are removed, wash and dry the vehicle and all sign surfaces. This keeps moisture from collecting between the signs and the vehicle surface, which can potentially damage a vehicle’s finish. To clean the signs, use a sponge and a mild soapy water solution. Never immerse the signs in water, steam clean, or take them through a car wash. A generous coat of wax on the surface where the sign is placed and on the back of the sign itself will help prevent damage. After rain or snowfall, remove signs and wipe dry.
Storing your magnetic signs:
Magnetic signs should be stored either on a flat, even surface, or rolled up (lettering to the outside) around a cylinder with a diameter of at least 3”. Never store magnetic signs in a hot vehicle, as they may permanently warp. Do not damage signs by folding, creasing , or placing any heavy objects on top of them. This type of treatment will prevent the signs from retaining their full magnetic power. If a sign does get bent out of shape, you can try to straighten it by placing it on a flat metal surface, such as a file cabinet or refrigerator. If you cannot straighten the sign, it will need to be replaced.
WARNING: Automotive finishes and protectants vary by manufacturer; changes in color, shade, and surface appearance can occur with time, daily usage, and exposure to direct, intense sunlight. BannerWorx assumes no responsibility for damages incurred due to the improper use or care of its magnetic products. For care of your automotive finish, please refer to your vehicles Owner’s Manual.
Magnetic signs for every industry:
- Advertising Agencies
- Apartment Communities
- Architectural and Interior Design
- Banking and Financial
- Business Services
- Government Healthcare
- Hotels,Resorts and Convention Centers
- Real Estate
- Restaurants and Hospitality Retail
- And more...